How can I get started with the Printify integration?
- Note: Currently the integration works best with products that have a squared print area. We are working on adding support for more complex print areas like the ones that AOP products have.
- We assume that you have installed the Printify Shopify app in your store, designed a product and imported it in your Shopify store by publishing it on Printify. If you haven't done so, you can follow the steps in this tutorial to get started with Printify.
- First you will need to navigate to the settings page and click on the "Connect Printify" button. This will open a popup where you can connect your Printify account.
- Once you have connected your Printify account, you can go to the Printify products page and here you will find a list of all your Printify products. Find the product you'd like to make customizable and on the right side of the table click on the three dots icon and then click on the "Create Base Images" button. This will create a base image for each variant of your product.
- Now your products have print areas defined featuring your Printify designs. You can go to the product page in your Shopify store and you will see the customizer in action.
- When a customer places an order that contains a product that has been customized with SnapArt, you will be able to automatically fulfill the order by going to the orders page where you will find a list of all your orders. Find the order that you'd like to fulfill and on the right side of the table click on the three dots icon and then click on the "Printify FulFillment" button. This will automatically add your order to our fulfillment queue and we will fulfill it for you in a matter of minutes. We will in the future add a page for you to track the fulfillment status of your orders.
- We suggest that you set your order approval settings to “Manual” (or 24 hours) on Printify in order for you to review the orders and make the necessary changes if needed before it goes to production.
To do so you can follow this guide from Printify: How to Set Up Order Approval
- This Printify article explains a much more complex and less efficient way of selling personalizable products using Printify on Shopify. But you might find some useful information in it.
Why is my Printify design's text not showing when I create a base image?
- Currently Printify does not expose the text of your designs through their API. This means that we cannot show the text of your designs in the customizer. We are working on a way to allow you to add text to your designs in the customizer.
Can I remove parts of the customizer?
- Currently you cannot remove parts of the customizer. We are working on a way to allow you to remove the parts of the customizer that you do not need. For example some merchants requested to remove the image uploader, others requested to remove AI image size selector, etc.
We understand that every merchant has different needs and we are working on a way to allow you to customize the customizer to your needs.
Why generated images have a watermark?
- In order to protect merchants like you from the abuse of the AI image generation and background removal services, which would result in high token usage, we have added a watermark to the images that are generated by your customers. Once a customer makes an order, you will be able to download the images that they have generated by going to the orders page and clicking on the "Download images" button in the dropdown menu in the right side of the order table.
- You can always see all the generated images across all the stores that use SnapArt (including your own) by going to your gallery page and clicking on the "Add images" button in the upper right hand corner of the page. This will allow you to build a gallery of images that your customers can then use to quickly customize products.
Will you add more generative AI models?
- Yes, there are plans to add more generative AI models like DALL-E.
Troubleshooting and Support
- If you have any questions or need help, please contact us by email at [email protected]